Thank you for using Mirabilis Group Limited (“MIRABILIS”). We are a property management company with properties across London.
These Terms and Conditions describe the legal framework under which you agree to participate when placing a booking with MIRABILIS.
You accept these conditions yourself and on behalf of all members of your party, whether you are booking as a guest or on behalf of others.
In brief, you agree to the following Booking Terms and Conditions when you place a booking through MIRABILIS:
- 1. MIRABILIS may change, update or delete the Booking Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- 2. You must be over the age of 21 to place a booking.
- 3. Definitions
In these conditions, the following definitions apply:
MIRABILIS/us/we/our: MIRABILIS GROUP LIMITED.
The Booker/you/your/guest: The person using services provided by MIRABILIS.
The Group/Group Bookings: A booking of three or more apartments in the same property, or a number of properties made as one booking.
MIRABILIS Operated Property/ Properties/ Apartments: The accommodation provided by and operated by MIRABILIS indicated in the title/name of the property for example “Wells Court”, “Bayham Street” or “Bayham Place”.
Booking Conditions: The payment and cancellations terms applicable when booking MIRABILIS or supplier operated property/properties.
Property: The physical building being provided for your accommodation.
Apartment: The specific apartment provided within a property for your accommodation.
Visitors: People visiting the person/people staying in apartments provided by MIRABILIS.
- 4. Your booking
- 4.1. Any booking made will only be confirmed when payment has been made in full and your confirmation has been dispatched by us. Upon completing your booking and receiving your confirmation, you enter into a contract with MIRABILIS according to our stated Terms and Conditions.
- 4.2. Restrictions may apply in certain locations including, but not limited to, a minimum night stay and age restrictions; you will be advised of these at the time of booking where applicable. We reserve the right to refuse any booking at any time.
- 4.3. We may request all guest names, photo ID and contact telephone numbers at the time of booking, including whether guests are adults or minors.
- 4.4. You will need to provide a valid photo ID, such as passport or driving licence, as evidence of your identity.
- 4.5. Please carefully check the details on your booking confirmation. If anything is not correct, we kindly ask that you tell us immediately. However, we regret that we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in the documentation. If there is an error in the documentation, we reserve the right to correct it as soon as we become aware of it and will do so within 7 days of issue of the confirmation or invoice or, if your arrival date is within 7 days of booking, no later than 24 hours before your arrival date.
- 4.6. Special Requests
- 4.6.1. We will endeavour to do everything we can to help guests with special requirements. Please ensure we are made aware, in writing, of any special requirements at the time of booking so that we can help you to select the most suitable apartment to meet your needs. Although we will endeavour to meet any reasonable requests, no guarantees can be given that any request will be met. Conditional bookings cannot be accepted, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request.
- 4.7. Group Bookings
- 4.7.1. Special conditions may apply, and these will be advised at the time of booking. Cancellation charges and notice periods may differ to those in clause 7.6 and will be advised at the time of request.
- 5. Payment
- 5.1. General
- 5.1.1. Payment in full is required once the 7 day no-cancellation period is reached. For bookings placed within 7 days of arrival, payment in full is required at time of booking. If payment does not reach us before the required time, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel any booking made.
- 5.1.2. Payment should be made in Pounds Sterling by credit card or bank transfer (bank details supplied on invoice). Cash payments are not accepted.
- 5.1.3. If you wish to pay by Company Cheque, it is payable to ‘MIRABILIS GROUP LIMITED'.
- 5.2. Security Deposits
- 5.2.1. A Security Deposit – the equivalent of one night’s accommodation to cover “additional charges” (see clause 27), including breakages, damages, extra cleaning and further accommodation charges incurred during your stay – may be requested. This payment will be made at check-in and will be refunded once checked out and the apartment has been inspected.
- 5.3. Payment of additional charges
- 5.3.1. These additional charges will be deducted from any security deposit held and any balance on the security deposit will be refunded. A written statement of the “additional charges” will be sent to you.
- 5.1. General
- 6. Pricing
- 6.1. The rates that we advertise are, to the best of our knowledge, correct at the date of publication. However, we reserve the right to change any rates from time to time, without notice. Prior to the booking being confirmed, rates quoted are based upon the rates prevailing at the time but are subject to change. Once a booking has been confirmed, we will not change the rate quoted unless you amend the booking or our cost of supplying the accommodation changes as a result of tax changes or currency fluctuations beyond our control. VAT is charged at the rate in force at the time of booking.
- 7. Changes by the guest
- 7.1. All requests for changes, extensions and cancellations must be made in writing or you will be liable to pay us the full amount of the booking.
- 7.2. If you wish to change any detail of your confirmed booking, we will do our best to make the change subject to an administration fee of £30 plus VAT per booking, which will be payable to us once any change has been made, together with any other resulting costs, and may result in an increase or decrease in rate depending on the dates booked and length of stay. Changes that will amend the arrival date to be later than the original date confirmed will be treated as a cancellation under Clause 7.6 below.
- 7.3. Changes
- 7.3.1. All changes of date are subject to availability. Should any change be rejected, the original booking will be re-instated. Name changes or child age changes will not incur any charges or administration fee. Once in house, changes to the departure date which result in a reduction in the length of stay will be subject to rate change.
- 7.4. Extensions
- 7.4.1. If you wish to extend a stay, please give us as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request. All extensions are subject to availability and rate change.
- 7.4.2. Where notice to extend a stay has been given, we reserve the right to issue an invoice for the extended period which will be emailed to you with a card payment link and payment must be made by return.
- 7.5. Early Departures and Cancellations
- 7.5.1. MIRABILIS will refund any prepaid funds for a booking/s up to 7 days prior to arrival date. No refund will be given for cancellations within 7 days of arrival and the full value of the booking will be charged.
- 7.5.2. MIRABILIS reserves the right to treat an early departure or reduction in the number of nights or apartments booked as a cancellation and apartments may be re-let and cancellation charges will apply. Non-arrivals will be treated as a cancellation, and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
- 7.5.3. Cancellation charges relate to the date prior to arrival when we are notified of the cancellation and will determine the cancellation charges incurred according to the scale below.
- 8. Changes by MIRABILIS
- 8.1. We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking; however, occasionally bookings have to be changed or cancelled or errors in information or other details corrected and we reserve the right to do so. If this does happen, we will contact you by telephone or email where reasonably possible.
- 8.2. If a change has to be made or your booking has to be cancelled, we will, if possible, offer you an alternative apartment of similar or higher type and standard in a similar location for the same period. If you do not wish to accept the change you will receive a full refund for the booking if you have not yet checked in or future nights still left to stay.
- 8.3. You should tell us as soon as possible whether you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment offered or alternatively if you want a refund.
- 9. Events beyond our control
- 9.1. Events beyond our control include but are not limited to the following: an act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, epidemic, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations and building work undertaken at the property or in the local area, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo or blockade.
- 10. Insurance
10.1. We are not responsible for the theft of and/or damage to your personal belongings during your stay in any apartment booked. Therefore, you are advised to ensure that you have appropriate insurances in place. In addition, you are advised to ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to cover cancellation and medical expenses.
- 11. Liability
- 11.1. We are responsible for our own operated apartments, subject to the following conditions.
- 11.2. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract with us and these conditions shall apply in their place. However, nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us, or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
- 11.3. Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect of our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation, as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or a series of connected events).
- 11.4. However, and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for:
- 11.4.1. Any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, or loss of claim.
- 11.4.2. Any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the accommodation.
- 11.4.3. The services rendered or the products offered by any third party.
This is whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the accommodation made available, offered or promoted by us, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
- 12. Booking on behalf of a business
- 12.1. If you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with your, or your business’s, breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these terms and conditions.
- 12.2. If you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to us under your booking.
- 13. Your accommodation
- 13.1. All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and are only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation for you, or your organisation. They are not for use as the principal, additional home or residence of guests; you will not be entitled to a tenancy or an assured shorthold or assured tenancy. No relationship of landlord and tenant is created, and no statutory security of tenure exists, now or when the period of occupation ends. If you or any member of your party fails to vacate at the end of the period, you will be charged the appropriate accommodation charges for the continued period of occupation. No persons other than the guests have the right to use the apartment.
- 13.2. These conditions constitute an excluded agreement under S(3A)(7)(a)of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 (as amended) and cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988 (as amended). We cannot guarantee an exact apartment number prior to arrival. The maximum number of guests in an apartment is determined by the number of beds in the apartment. If the maximum number is exceeded, then we may refuse access to the accommodation and/or reserve the right to charge for additional apartments.
- 14. Arriving and departing
- 14.1. The specific arrival and departure policy should be requested at the time of booking and will be stated on the confirmation. Arrival or late departure may be available for an additional charge but cannot be guaranteed unless booked from the night before arrival or for the night after departure.
- 14.2. The procedure for departure will be confirmed on arrival.
- 15. Access to your apartment
- 15.1. Access details will be provided to you prior to arrival. Some apartments do not have reception desks and you will be given a code to enter the building and details of key collection once your booking is confirmed. It is essential that you have this information with you on arrival and, where notified, contact us in advance to confirm the arrival procedure. Access Statements are available for all MIRABILIS operated properties; please ask us for a copy at the time of booking if required.
- 16. Facilities and services
- 16.1. Cleaning
- 16.1.1. Your apartment will be cleaned weekly after your first 7 days in house. The day your cleaning is scheduled will be advised by the building manager. Weekly housekeeping includes linen/towel change and general cleaning.
- 16.2. Maintenance
- 16.2.1. Routine maintenance is carried out regularly by our Management Team; however, occasionally we may need access to your apartment to carry out essential maintenance. We will normally give you 24 hours’ notice, except in the event of an emergency during which we would require immediate access.
- 16.3. Telephone
- 16.3.1. No telephones are provided in the apartments.
- 16.4 Internet/WiFi
- 16.4.1. WiFi access is available in all our properties free of charge. Information about Internet access will be provided on arrival. Access is subject to the MIRABILIS Acceptable Use Policy. At peak times the bandwidth available for connection to the Internet may be under pressure due to the number of people connecting to the Internet, both internally and externally. MIRABILIS recommends that activities requiring increased bandwidth, such as Skype, and movie/TV streaming, are limited at these times.
- 16.4.2. A support service is available to assist guests connecting to the Internet but if in MIRABILIS’s opinion the fault is deemed to be with the guest’s equipment, no support can be provided. Guests must not interfere, move or disconnect any equipment relating to the provision of Internet access, and must not use the connection for any illegal or immoral purpose (including but not limited to file sharing) and MIRABILIS reserve the right to pass on any record to the authorities should MIRABILIS be made aware of any such use.
- 16.4.3. The WiFi service provided is an open and public service. MIRABILIS is not in any way responsible for your use of the WiFi service.
- 16.4.4. MIRABILIS reserves the right to disconnect a guest at any time without notice if, in MIRABILIS’s opinion they breach any of these terms and conditions (including exceeding the download limit).
- 16.5. Gym Services
- 16.5.1. We may provide access to an on-site gym at some premises. The gym is for the use of residents only. Your use of such services (if not subject to other specific terms) shall be at your own risk.
- 16.5.2. You will be required to sign a gym waiver for before check-in to receive access to the gym.
- 16.6. Security
- 16.6.1. Guests will be provided with a set of keys/fobs/an access card to access the property and the apartment. Additional sets can be provided on request. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of these at all times and that they are returned at the end of your stay. An additional charge will be made for replacements and if we are required to provide access due to lost or forgotten keys.
- 16.7. Interruption to services
- 16.7.1. We will make every effort to ensure that guests enjoy a peaceful stay; however, we cannot guarantee or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, air conditioning, water or any damage to telephone, broadband/internet and other communications, including disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the property. Where we are made aware of such failure or interruption, we will endeavour to rectify such services within a reasonable period of time at our apartments.
- 16.8. Guest services
- 16.8.1. Our Guest Services Team is available to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Contact details and working hours are made available on arrival.
- 16.1. Cleaning
- 17. Guest responsibility
- 17.1. Guests are expected to comply with any regulations for use of the apartment. These are available on arrival, usually in the Guest Information Folder, in the apartment. If any guest breaches any of these conditions or the regulations, we reserve the right to request the guest to vacate their apartment immediately, without refund.
- 18. Smoking
- 18.1. Smoking is not permitted in any apartment or apartment building; this includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
- 19. Pets
- 19.1. Pets are not allowed in any apartment or apartment building, unless otherwise agreed at time of booking as a special request.
- 20. Nuisance
- 20.1. Guests are required to behave in a responsible manner, respect the apartment and their fellow guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 7am. This includes causing any sort of nuisance or disruption to fellow guests or using threatening or abusive behaviour towards a member of staff on the phone, in writing or in person. Guests are not permitted to use the apartment for any illegal or immoral purposes. An additional charge will be made if the Management Team or Security is called out in response to a nuisance complaint.
- 21. Age restrictions
- 21.1. To ensure our guests enjoy a stay free from disturbance, non-corporate bookings may not be accepted from any paying guests under the age of 21. We require that there is at least one person aged 21 or older staying at the apartments for each booking. Proof of identification and date of birth may be requested on arrival and, if not presented on request, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- 22. Visitors
- 22.1. Guests are responsible for their visitors. Non-residents will not be allowed access to the apartments after 11pm and we operate a strict no party policy.
- 23. Damage
- 23.1. Guests are required to keep the apartment, furniture, fittings and effects in the same condition as on arrival. Inventories and condition reports can be provided at the start and end of the stay, if required, at an additional cost. You are required to notify us of any damage, loss or broken items or matters requiring general maintenance. Any damage to the apartment will be charged in full. In the event that these are discovered after departure we will notify you or the booker within 7 days of departure with full details and where possible photographic evidence.
- 24. Cleanliness
- 24.1. We expect the apartments to be left in a reasonable state of cleanliness and order on departure. An additional charge will be made for extra cleaning or specialist cleaning to return the apartment to a fit state for occupation. Additional charges may include compensation for loss of revenue in addition to cleaning and repairs.
- 25. Lost property
- 25.1. All your possessions should be removed from the apartment on the date of departure. We will use reasonable endeavours to retain any lost items for up to 3 months after your departure date. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to lost items.
- 26. Storage
- 26.1. Where facilities are available and at the owner’s risk storage of luggage may be provided at an additional charge.
- 27. Additional Charges
- 27.1. As a guide, additional charges include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 27.1.1. Breakages, loss or damage to the apartment or any of its contents will be charged at replacement value.
- 27.1.2. Cleaning, specialist treatment charges where more than routine cleaning is required, or smoking has occurred: £200
- 27.1.3. Inventory and condition reports: £50
- 27.1.4. Outside of working hours Mon to Fri (9am - 6pm): Meet and Greet if applicable: £50
- 27.1.5. Lost keys, fobs or access cards: £50, if it is required to call out a locksmith: £500
- 27.1.6. Call out charge for locked out Guests: £50
- 27.1.7. Other services e.g. extra cleaning and linen changes may be available on request
- 27.2. VAT and local taxes are payable on all additional charges and, where the level of the additional charges is not specified in these conditions, we will charge you the actual cost together with any administration costs. Prices for additional charges may change at any time. For payment of additional charges see clause 5.3.
- 27.1. As a guide, additional charges include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 28. Health and safety
- 28.1. We take the health and safety of all our guests seriously. On arrival you should familiarise yourself with the layout of the apartment and building and the health and safety procedures as detailed in your apartment.
- 29. Quality and feedback
- 29.1 We are committed to providing quality accommodation and conduct regular audits to ensure that high standards are maintained at the apartments. We also welcome feedback from our guests and ask them to complete a guest satisfaction survey on departure. We value this feedback which provides us with useful information on how we can improve our services further.
- 30. Complaints
- 30.1. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your accommodation, please notify the apartment manager as soon as possible in the first instance. If you do not give us the opportunity to resolve a problem during your stay, this may affect the final outcome of any complaint received. We aim to deliver the best possible customer service, but in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our service, please email email@example.com, or write to Guest Services, 46 Bayham Place, London, NW1 0EX, or call us on +44 203 695 2856.
- 31. Privacy
- 32. General
- 32.1. We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time. If guests are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to request that guests vacate their apartment immediately. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.